Inspection of underwater parts of constructions
The IMIDIS carries out a complex of works on underwater survey of port hydro technical constructions, piers of bridges, the bottom surface in the area of bridge crossings. Surveys are carried out by specialists from the Department of hydraulic structures.
The Department has a diving station, having modern equipment, underwater lightweight diving outfit, photo/video equipment. During diving inspection sonars or echo sounders are widely used . The staff of the station includes I-III class divers with higher specialized education.
The complex of operated by the Division works includes:
• visual inspection of the seabed adjacent to the building, using diving suit and sonar;
• measurements of depths near the poles;
• definition of planning and high-altitude position elements in the underwater zone;
• identification of defects and damages of structures in the underwater zone;
• study of the corrosion processes in the underwater zone of steel and reinforced concrete structural elements;
• assessment of the work of the land-protection structures;
• installation of test equipment in the underwater zone structures;
• underwater photo/video shooting.
Since 1996, the specialists of the IMIDIS carried out inspection of more than 200 installations in Novorossiysk, Anapa, Gelendzhik, Temruk, Port-Caucasus, Yeisk, Tuapse, Sochi, Primorsk, Vostochny, Nakhodka, Saratov, Kazan, Kostroma, Yaroslavl, Pskov, Sverdlovsk, as well as abroad in the ports of Al Hudaydah, Salif, Moha, Midi (Yemen).
Search for obstacles to shipping, using sonar. Accumulation of block quay wall (sounding graph).
Inspection of underwater parts of a waterfront structure using lightweight diving outfit and underwater measuring equipment.
Thickness measurement of metallic elements pile foundation in the underwater zone of dock structure.
Registration of the scour stone bed under block quay wall.