The original system KIS-IMIDIS was developed at IMIDIS institute to measure different types of deformations of building structures. Sensor signals are recorded in real time and converted into engineering units. The data obtained are stored on a personal computer and displayed as graphs and tables.
Sensors may be connect to the computer in the following three ways:
• Using cables (total length up to 1000 m);
• By the air (the distance from the sensors to the computer from 200 m to several kilometers);
• Via mobile Internet (distances are not limited).
Often a combination of all three types of communication used when the nearby sensors are connected by cable to a wireless LAN client. Several clusters of these compounds are polled by wireless LAN Server to which polls and responses over the Internet.
The system includes:
• optical-electronic strain gauges of three types with measuring precision 1 and 0.1 µm in the range of 2 and 3 mm respectively;
• one-and two-coordinate inclinometers with measurement accuracy 1" in the range of 1000";
• optomechanical deflector (measurement accuracy is 0.05 mm ±4% of readings, range is not limited);
• wind speed and direction sensor M-127;
• laser range finders (measurement accuracy is 0.1 mm, range - from 20 cm to 200 m);
• diaphragm pressure gauges (measurement accuracy is 0.01 atmospheres, range is 3 atmospheres);
• accelerometers (measurement accuracy is 0.01 g, range is 3 g, frequency is from 0 to 50 Hz);
• temperature gages DTC -1;
• the base and the reception stations GPS/GLONASS;
• control routine for KIS-IMIDIS;
• processing programm «Spectrum».
All devices can be connected in any set, and the number. The minimum polling interval in the case of wired connection of one device is 3 ms, 40 ms in the case of connection by air, 5...15 s in the case of using Internet. The maximum polling interval is unlimited. For dynamic performance over slow connections (by air or Internet ) is a special controller "KL", providing a quick poll on the wire and storing information and transferring it over a slow link and then recovering time-dependent characteristics in the computer.
Computer with KIS-IMIDIS program and radio modem server
Uninterruptible power supply from radio or Internet modem
Wind speed and direction sensor
Strain gauges on metal
Strain gauges on concrete
Accelerometer with magnetic catch
Strain gauges on concrete
String of pressure units in soil
Hermetic absolute strain gauge RF251.
Temperature gage DTC-1
KIS-IMIDIS polling program displays measurement results in form of charts and graphs that provide convenient operational control parameters measured. The programme also provides setting of limit values for measured parameters. In case of exceeding the limit values or the cessation of incoming data due to breakage of the sensor or communication disorders program beeps. You can also automatically send messages about it on email.
The "Spectrum" program is designed for processing and analysis of various charts, recorded usually in real time. The program was designed to ease a Fourier transform, but in process of its using it was implemented by new blocks to computerize routine operations, to carry out research and to train students. To carry out various ways of filtering to clean up the charts from various types of noise, as well as linear and non-linear transformation of the original charts, various ways of compensation of thermal currents that occur in the process of recording charts, the program is replenished with reverse Fourier and many others.
The program can work with multiple data formats. It can open the data stored in databases DBASE, Excel and Paradox as well as text data bases of the two formats generated by finite element analysis of structures MM-90 and measuring system STKM-IS.
The main form of the program "Spectrum"
The program allows you to:
1. Manage the settings for each chart;
2. Represent the chart as 3D;
3. Change the scale of the chart by using the selection a rectangular portion of the computer mouse or it wheel;
4. Memorize up to 10 ranging windows;
5. Enable or disable automatic scaling of any axis;
6. Do group operations over visible chart (you can control the visibility of):
- multiplication by a specified factor;
- automatic or personal assignment of colors and thicknesses of lines;
- changing the names of curves;
- frequency filtering;
- horizontal shifting by a specified amount;
- calculate the coefficient of correlation between any two curves;
- open/hide curves in color;
- change the position of the axes and create custom axles for the selected curves;
- load influence line by load of any configuration to determine the most disadvantaged its position;
- and much more;
7. Do the direct and inverse Fourier transformation with the specified permission;
8. Calculate the dynamic coefficient;
9. Calculate the logarithmic decrement for any form of fluctuations;
10. Calculate the constant component (mean value);
11. Calculate the effective value;
12. Calculate the tension force of the rope on the range of its variations;
13. Curve averaging for the specified number of points;
14. Calculate the integral and derivative of a given curve;
15. Rotate the x-axis;
16. Inverse the specified part of the curve;
17. Curve graphing on labels if the labels were numbers;
18. Multiply given curve with the coefficient;
19. Add the curve with the given number;
20. Make the reciprocal addition (subtraction, multiplication, division) of the two curves;
21. Delete, add or change any point or portion of the curve;
22. Edit curve type (line, point, histogram and much more);
23. Create new curves by drawing them with the mouse;
24. Create new curves by using mathematical formulas;
25. Combine curves with graphs, taken at different times in one chart;
26. Use endless possibilities to manage the appearance of the chart;
27. Opening saved graph not only with help of the menu, but with drag-and-drop method.
28. Much more posibilities.
Head of KIS-IMIDIS design is the main expert of Department of measurements is Mikhail Khazanov, Ph.D.